Saturday, February 14, 2009

Challenge 12

Here is our LO completed for challenge 12. Rachel Bob did the overall LO (and she did a beautiful job too, I love it!!) and then sent it to me to fill in the journaling with a conversation we had.



Credits:
"relax" by summertime Design
"Make Like a Tree" by Harmonystar
"Garage Band King" by Scrappy Cocoa
button - "Forever mine" DST collab
bird - "Lifting Hopes" Cherity Collab

Journaling reads:

Hey Rachel, I don’t think I have ever really thanked you for getting me into digital scrapbooking. At first, I thought it would just be a fun hobby, something to do with my spare time, but it has come to mean a lot to me.

I’m so glad that you could be obsessed with something I’m obsessed with, just like the good ‘ol days. I love scrapbooking. I always knew how important it was to keep a journal, but it was always so hard for me. This is a much more fun way to document my life and that
of those around me.

Oh, I definitely agree. I still like to keep a journal and write the stories of my life, but I found that in my journal I tend to only document the really big occasions. With digital scrapbooking, I can not only tell stories about every-day matters, but I can add pictures - which really tell a story all on their own!

So True! I love how you can tell a story just with pictures. Sometimes that's all it needs. Then other times when you need to explain HOW the marshmellows got in his hair, there's always the journaling option. Plus I can then print them out into different books depending on how I want my memories organized. Or pop a page in a frame and give it as a gift for Grandma so she can always remember the story too.

Ha, ha! Exactly!! And now that I’m a mother, it’s so important to me that my son has a record of everything, especially things he would not remember on his own. I know personally from losing my mom so early that there are so many memories lost because they went with her. So anything she left behind is so precious to me. She kept a journal for just me that recorded my early life and it’s one of the few items that I truly treasure. Since she passed away, it has become a goal of mine to preserve any memories I can so that my children can always have a piece of me if they want it.

It seems scrapbooking is the perfect way to link past, present and future all together for the benefit of those who matter most to us....our family.

1 comment: